Tuesday 8 December 2009

Upsy Daisy with a citrus and kiwi twist


Lots of people have said they are tired of this stamp set, because they have used it so much! But I think that is the mark of a GREAT stamp set to own! Not least because you are never, ever going to be stuck for ways to use it, there must be about a million google results for it! I like it because it is


* versatile - can be combined with pretty much any sentiment for any occasion


* simple bold image means it is a quick stamp to use


* suitable for lots of different techniques - shadowing, marker to rubber, crayon to rubber, bleaching and more!


This is a card I made for a friend of my uncle, who is visiting from PNG. She wove two fabulous traditional "Bilum" bags for my kids, after they commented on the one she had brought with her. I hope you like it Veronica!

The base of the card is Tangerine Tango, toned down a little by adding a layer of Kiwi Kiss Designer Series paper over the lower half. Over the join is a piece of Kiwi Kiss Striped grosgrain, and I have threaded it through a little treat from the Summer Mini - Designer Hardware Jumbo Grommets. These come in a mixed pack of neutral colours, including silver, white, vanilla and black, and add a great finishing touch.


The Upsy Daisy stamp was inked up using Markers direct to the rubber. I blended lots of different colours together, including Tangerine tango and Kiwi Kiss using a blender pen. I misted the surface of the stamp very lightly with a water spray before stamping onto a piece of Watercolor paper. A distressed Kiwi Kiss mat and a greeting from Sincere Salutations complete the card. It was a lot of fun, and could be adapted to lots of other colour schemes.


Hope you like it!

No comments: