Sunday 6 December 2009

the BEST Stampin Studio is finished!




It has taken quite a while to sort everything out, but here is my new Stampin Studio! Ta Da!!
I moved all my stuff (well, most of it - there is still a fair chunk of other craft-type stuff left behind) from a small upstairs bedroom to the downstairs study. Andrew's computer gear and big workdesk units were somehow dissassembled and man+woman handled UP the stairs, where they fitted perfectly. Thank goodness for that, because I have no idea how we would have got them back out and down again if they didn't quite fit!!

The top photo shows my Ikea Expedit unit, which also survived the move downstairs intact. It houses my paper shelves, office/filing type stuff, sample card boxes, magazines and catalogues and some Trofast tubs with other bulky bits and bobs. This is pretty much the same as it was before (if you remember the original pics I posted a while back) but now I'm downstairs, my office stuff and craft stuff are together. The extra space was created in this shelf unit by...


My new BEST scrapbooking furniture!!! Woohoo!! I've been drooling over the ads in the mags and in various dream stamping studio blog posts for the last couple of years, and I finally have some of my own! I have started with the desk and a Double Mini unit. The desk is lovely and wide, and you have everything at your fingertips in the two side storage sections. The Double Mini fits a huge amount of storage into a compact space, and it is on castors, so you can move it around with ease. I decided to get just the drawers, in 1" and 2" sizes, rather than paper shelves, because I thought it would be more flexible. As it has turned out, 12x12 paper does fit inside the drawers in a neat yet snug fashion, so I have more options to move things around. My labelling machine went into overdrive as I found good homes for all sorts of bits and pieces that cluttered up my previous space, so it is nice and easy to find things.


My new, larger punch rack is up now too, and holds all except my small punches, which now fit neatly in a desk-side drawer. It's a great creating space, so I hope it gives you a little inspiration!

No comments: