Sunday 27 December 2009

Teacher Gifts with Raspberry Tart and a Happy New Year




Two thousand and ten. Twenty Ten. Neither of those sound right, although the preferred version seems to be the first. Dunno why really, I grew up in the previous millenium (yeah, I'm THAT old! ) and we were firmly in the habit of saying Nineteen Ninety-one etc. All I know is that the years are accelerating!


Here are a couple of pics of the teacher gifts I made for Ciaran's main teacher. As with last year, I also made some mini fruit cakes again . I took a Heaven Hot Chocolate tin, saved from when they still made that delicious stuff, and decorated it using the yummy Raspberry Tart papers and matching Kiwi Kiss/Vanilla double sided satin ribbon. On the top I layered two Felt Fusion flowers and a Kiwi Kiss corduroy button from the Spring Mini. I tied them together with some (retired) pink Organza ribbon, as it had the right degree of "floatiness" (and I could thread it through the button holes!) The pencil erasers (still very much in demand in Year Two) have been decorated using scraps of various Stampin' Up! Designer Series Papers. The little cards with ribbon snips were stamped on Confetti Cream using some of the cute images from the Teacher's Pet stamp set. I jazzed them up a little with either scallop or eyelet lace border punches, and layered them onto Bold Brights cardstock. I coloured the images using a blender pen and Watercolor Wonder Crayons. They are blank at the bottom and the back, so the lovely Mrs Ward can write a little note to the recipient. I hope she liked it, must make a change from coffee cups and chocolates, as useful as those are!


No comments: