Monday 15 March 2010

Window Dressing and watercolouring


This is a card I made for a special birthday boy recently. The set I have used is called "Window Dressing" which is a stamp set available exclusively to hostesses. I have also used one of the cute little characters from the "All in the Family" stamp set to fill the window, although the set does come with several choices to put in the window including a kitty cat, flowers and a sweet little girl. The background layer is Real Red, and I have stamped it with the retired "Linen" background, in Real Red ink, and the next Night of Navy layer is also stamped in Night of Navy ink with "Linen". The window image has been stamped in Stazon black ink on Watercolour paper, and I used Watercolour pencils and blender pens to add colour. The soccer ball is from the Family Favourites accessories set, and I stamped it separately and popped it up on some Stampin' Dimensionals. The entire window is also raised up on Dimensionals. The ribbon is Real Red Polka Dot ribbon from the Summer Mini, but tied upside down so just the stitching edge can be seen. The greeting is stamped in Whisper White Craft ink using a stamp from the "On your Birthday" stamp set, and some coloured brads added to frame it. Lots of fun, contact me if you would like to find out how you could earn the "Window Dressing" Hostess set for free!

No comments: