Monday 29 March 2010

Valentines Card with "A Happy Heart"

Here's a card I had forgotten to upload and show you. It's a Valentine's Day card, obviously! The "A Happy Heart" stamp set is a useful selection of image stamps and greetings, and I think I have used almost every stamp on this card. The card base is Bashful Blue, sponged on the edges with matching ink. Next we have a layer of Real Red, and I have stamped some of the stamps in the set across the base in vertical rows, to create a background. I've stamped them in Real Red ink, which creates a subtle tone-on-tone effect.


So that the Real Red Polka dot ribbon didn't get 'lost' on the background, I have mounted it on a band of Bashful Blue. Have you stocked up on this fabulous ribbon yet??? It's about to disappear, as it's a Summer Mini product, so give me a quick yell and I'll make sure to order some for you before 9pm on March 31st.

Over the ribbon band is a heart stamped onto Whisper White in Real Red ink, cut out and mounted on a Bashful Blue layer. I used the double rectangle punch to make slots for a tie of Whisper White taffeta ribbon.


I stamped the greeting using the Stamp-a-ma-jig so I could split the sentiment onto three separate lines, and fit it inside a label stamp from "Cute and Curly" and punch it with the Curly Label punch. I also punched some hearts using the "Heart to Heart" punch, from Bashful Blue-stamped large heart stamp, and popped them up using Stampin' Dimensionals. A finishing touch is some faux stitching done with white Gel pen. Hope you like it, hubby did!


I'm on the way home from a retreat weekend, and I had a chance to make quite a few new cards showcasing some of the upcoming Autumn-Winter Mini catalogue, stay tuned for updates! Remember final orders for the Summer Mini close 8pm on Wednesday 31st March!! Email or call me with your shopping list!

1 comment:

amanda hall said...

Heya Michelle. I love your card and would certainly be interested in some of that scrumptious red spotty ribbon (surprise surprise!!)

give me a yell via email when you get home and i can organize it with you.

Great to see you and Andrew again this weekend. Just loved your company! mwah.