Wednesday 10 March 2010

And the card info...

Sorry, I was going to post the details about the card in the image below along with the Circle Scissor tips, but it was already pretty long by the time I'd finished with the tips so I called it a night there.


The card was inspired by the sudden ability to cut multiple concentric circles in whatever size appealed. I cut two from Whisper White and two from Old Olive, and inked the edges.

The card base is Real Red, and I sponged the edges with Real Red ink. I stuck them down as shown, taking care to lap them so I would have somewhere to put a greeting. To make the Old Olive circles stand out, I used the White Gel pen to put some faux stitching around the edges.


Next, I took the gorgeous butterfly stamps from "Butterfly Prints" and stamped a selection onto Whisper WHite in both Real Red and Old Olive ink, before punching out. Easy peasy! I attached them using Mini Glue dots, so that their wings could be bent slightly for dimension.

I used my Stamp a ma jig to position the greeting at the bottom right and a Jumbo Grommet at the left side to secure a structured bow of Real Red polka dot ribbon. It was quite tricky to get the prongs of the Grommet through all the layers of the ribbon, so next time I will use Sticky Strip to hold the folded ends in place, and then the Grommet will only need to go through one ribbon layer instead of 2.

No comments: