Wednesday 10 March 2010

A very special Wedding Card with "Always"

In my family, the first 6 of 9 cousins were girls, with me being the second eldest. The last three were boys, all in one family, and they lagged behind us in age by a few years. Us girls have been and done the getting married thing, some of us quite a number of years ago (Ruth - it must be 20 years??!!) but the boys are just getting around to it now, with Glen marrying his gorgeous girl Adele a week or two back. Glen's older brother, Trent, will be tying the knot with beautiful Bree later this year. Carl - he's still working on it, but he's the baby of the cousins so he's allowed to be last.

The wedding was lovely, held in the Southern Highlands of NSW where all of our families are from and some still live now.

Here is the card I made, and it was inspired by a card I found on Splitcoast made by Diamondangelfish . I had saved it in my CASE file for such an occasion as this, where elegance by the bucket load was required!

I changed it around just a little. The card base is 6 inches square, and then there is a layer of Parisian Breeze Specialty paper (now retired), sponged with Baja Breeze ink. Next up is a thin mat of Whisper White that I have punched the bottom end with the Eyelet Border punch. Over this there is a heavily sponged layer of Baja Breeze, popped up on some Stampin' Dimensionals. The lace is from the Dress Up Ribbon originals pack, and I was really pleased with how well it went with the lovely textured Parisian Breeze paper.


The hearts were stamped and embossed with Versamark ink and a silver pearl embossing powder, using the "Always" stamp set. Then I trimmed one pair to layer over the base pair with more Dimensionals. The finishing touch was made with embellishments from the Pretties Kit - I love using this! - Half back pearls in white and a couple of silk flowers layered and attached with mini glue dots. I hope they like it, and are enjoying their honeymoon in Thailand!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

SO beautiful!! Great job!!