Tuesday 2 March 2010

Baby card with Something Sweet and Sweet Treat cup

Sorry about the lighting on this one, it was a little late when I decided I should get some pics. The panel of Kaleidoscope paper at the bottom is fresh pinks and lemon in real life!

It's yet another card variation using the Something Sweet stamp set from the Summer Mini catalogue, and this time I've used the rattle handle to create a pretty pink baby rattle.

I have used my circle scissor to cut the larger pretty in pink circle around the Sweet Treat cup and the 1 3/4" circle punch to make the opening for the cup.

Inside the cup I have put a mixture of Crystal and Pink Chunky Sprinkles glitter and Dazzling Diamonds, as well as lots of lolly coloured stamped hearts from the set. I punched these out using the Heart to Heart large punch - the smallest heart of the three is just perfect for this!


The card base is Pink Pirouette, and the band is textured Barely Banana cardstock sponged with Apricot Appeal. The Scallop edge punch was used for the top of the Kaleidoscope paper, and a Pretty in Pink narrow section was scallop edge-punched for underneath.


The sentiment was stamped using Pretty in Pink ink, and I have added a Sherbet Button collection button under the curve. To finish, I made a stitched bow using the wide Pink Pirouette grosgrain ribbon.


Very easy, quite quick, and certainly able to be adapted to suit a baby boy. Hope you like it! All products used are available to purchase through me, just give me a call (and there's still time to earn free Sale-a-bration sets too! - less than a month to go now!)

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

gorgeous baby card Shell its a present in itself! you are so clever! Caz x

Yvonne said...

This is soo gorgeous! I love the glitter in the rattle, the ribbon, the scallop edge and the simple addition of the button..OK, I love everything about it!