Tuesday 21 April 2009

Stampin' Crop Day THIS SUNDAY 26th April


I've moved our monthly crop to a Sunday this month, making room for ANZAC Day on Saturday. Co-incidentally I have been watching the Australian TV Series "Anzacs" on DVD over the last week or so, and it is a timely reminder of the extreme struggles and hardships suffered by those who gave so much, to maintain the freedoms we now take for granted. Lest We Forget.


So, what is a Stampin Crop day??


My informal and relaxed crafting days are held each month at my home in Cherrybrook. I offer use of my extensive collection of stamps and tools (Stampin' Up products and otherwise, such as a Cuttlebug and Sizzix machine), along with tea, coffee and light refreshments. I am also on hand to offer casual instruction, and there is usually a make-n-take or two.


Time: from 10am until 5pm, come when you can, stay as long as you like.


Place: My home in Cherrybrook, book in for address information.


Cost: $10.00 per person


To book: Call me ASAP on 9484 9447 or send an email to michelle.dyson@bigpond.com to reserve your place.


Interested, but can't make it this month? Check the Google calendar at the right hand side for upcoming dates. It's usually every 4th Saturday of the month.



About the photo at the top of this post: I was lucky to attend a regular training day at a fellow demonstrator's home last week, and we each prepared a 'card in a box'. These boxes have all the materials needed to make the sample card designed by each demonstrator, including cardstock, stamps, inks and accessories. We pass them around, making ourselves a card in each style. This gives us a wide selection of samples and ideas for use with the new stamps and accessories in the 2009-10 Idea Book and Catalogue. These days always feel a lot more like fun than 'work', and I certainly enjoyed it. Thanks very much to all the girls who created these cards for us to make, including (back row L-R) Fiona Brown, Dani Fender, (me!), Kim Tonnet, Clare McIllhatton, Carol Dunstan (middle L-R) Joanna Wassens, Beth Stewart (front L-R) Jayne Mercer, Margaret Crawford, Ruth Bradford, Lin Mei Yap. There were a couple more that I hadn't added the finishing touches to, maybe another time.

No comments: