Friday 10 April 2009

Fresh Cuts sneaks in again...


I know I said I would post the pictures of the other cards made with the Bloom Away set, but here is another card I made yesterday using the Fresh Cuts set. I think I've mentioned once or twice that it is a favourite already. Here I was playing around with the Marker to Rubber technique, where you can colour in an image with various colours before stamping. This is quite a complex pattern, but it wasn't too hard to decide where to put what colour. I've used Sahara Sand for the text, Old Olive and Always Artichoke for the foliage, and Ruby Red for the flowers. It's stamped on Naturals Ivory, and mounted on Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss and then Very Vanilla for a bit of pop. The background is stamped in Kiwi Kiss onto Kiwi Kiss Cardstock with the Sanded background. Finishing touches are some Tafetta ribbon in Riding Hood Red (a new colour for this ribbon) and the greeting, from the Friends 24-7 set. It was lots of fun and I think I'll try it in some other colourways soon.

No comments: