Sunday 12 April 2009

Friendly Birds


Here is my first card using the Friends 24-7 set. It has an assortment of images, and greetings. It has a cute birdy, but also a luscious damask style stamp. I've used them together here.


The card base is Riding Hood Red (loving this colour, so much I think it will henceforth be known as RHR!) stamped in RHR ink using the Sanded background. Then I stamped the damask stamp in RHR ink on a strip of RHR cardstock. I 'tiled' it, by eye, but you could achieve a similar result using the SAMJ. The stamp is turned upside down for some of the impressions. I think it looks like wallpaper! I mounted this onto some Basic Grey - a much underutilised colour in my collection!



I coloured the Bird stamp with my markers, Ruby Red, Basic Grey, a smidge of Sahara Sand, and stamped onto Very Vanilla. It was initially a quick experiment with this stamp, but I liked it enough to turn it into a card.


I offset a square of Going Grey, again a happy accident in design. I had picked up a scrap that was too small to mat with, just to see how the colour looked, but liked the effect so decided to use it. I have edged the piece with Basic Grey and used my Mat pack and Piercing tool to make the holes.


The greeting is composed of two stamps, one from the new Curly Label Punch Bundle and one from Friends 24-7. I omitted the thank you in the label stamp by colouring with my marker, and added the Here for You with my Stamp a ma jig.

Hope you like it, a bit different for me I think!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

This is absolutely spectacular Michelle!!! You have totally convinced me that I NEED this stamp set and that it has to go a bit higher up *the list*. the way you've coloured the bird is fantastic, it just looks so beautiful...and your background is gorgeous. I have a bit of a thing for damask right now...so I think I really, really need this set. Nice job on selling it to me :)