Thursday 9 April 2009

NICE Australian stamps! Bloom Away #1


This year, we got the first set of stamps designed especially for us that I personally really like! It is called "Bloom Away" and it's a bargain MUST HAVE at just $31.95! There is a Waratah, Gum Blossom and Banksia bottlebrush flower stamp, all drawn in the style of botanic art. Here I have made a card with the Banksia stamp. The base is More Mustard, with a scallop edge backed with a strip of Kiwi Kiss. Then I have added some Old Olive Prints Designer Series paper and some Chocolate Chip scallops to make it stand out. On the More Mustard base I have used my Spritzer tool and Chocolate Chip marker to create a speckled background. The greeting is from the now retired "Live your dreams" set - I love this quote and will miss it!


Now to the image - it is stamped in Stazon black onto Naturals Ivory cardstock, and I have used my Watercolour Wonder Crayons and Aquapainter brush to blend the colours. I love the crayons, as you can build layers of creamy blendable colour, bys scribbling directly onto the stamped image before applying water with the brush. I was pleased with how easy it was to achieve a realistic Banksia colouration. I have mounted it on Summer Sun, then Kiwi Kiss, then Chocolate Chip to make it stand out. Hope you like it! Waratah and Gum Blossom cards to come...

Enjoy your Easter weekend everyone, stay safe if you are travelling!

No comments: