Tuesday 17 February 2009

Bright and colourful from me!


This is my take on Col's Pretty Princess card featured below, I made it for a little girl turning 4! I'm told her big thing of the moment is mermaids, but I don't have a mermaid stamp, and I figure princesses can't be far behind right?? I haven't been able to give it to her, as her party last Sunday was postponed because of the wet weather, fingers crossed for a FINE WARM day next Saturday! Anyway, a Happy Birthday to Mackenzie for last Sunday!!


SU materials in italics: This card uses Pixie Pink as a base, stamped in Pixie Pink ink using the Polka Dot background stamp.

Next I cut some nesting scallops, one from "Friendly Felt", a stiffened craft felt that can go through the Cuttlebug, and one from Whisper White cardstock, I also embossed this one with the same Nestabilities.

I stamped the Princess from Pretty Princess in Stazon ink, and then used my Bold Brights Watercolour Wonder Crayons and a Blender Pen to colour the image. It's very easy to be precise with this technique, as you can scribble a little crayon colour on a scrap of cardstock, and pick up tiny amounts with the Blender pen tip - places like her shoes where the Crayon tip itself would be too chunky direct to paper.

Then I punched a Scallop Circle from Tempting Turquoise cardstock, and sponged it with Taken with Teal ink to give it texture to match the felt. This is topped with a 1 3/8 and 1 1/4" circle punch stamped with the Happy Birthday from Pretty Princess in Taken with Teal ink

Finally, I added some Tempting Turquoise Narrow Grosgrain ribbon and tied a bow, mounting the Scallop piece with Stampin Dimensionals.

Ta Da!! Hope you like it :)

No comments: