Saturday 28 February 2009

A baby boom?











I'm not sure if it is my new baby kitten, or the fact that there are several babies to be born within the next month or two, but I was inspired today to get out the pretty baby colours and create!
The first card uses Barely Banana cardstock, stamped with the Polka Dot Background in Barely Banana ink. The elephant is from Wild About You, and is stamped in Buckaroo Blue (07 in color), but using the "Kissing" technique and the Paisley background stamp. There are rumours that the Paisley stamp may be on the upcoming retirement list, so get in FAST to ensure you get your own before they disappear, as it is just fantastic for creating these effects on solid stamps, as well as being a great unisex background. I stamped the elephant again on Brocade Blue using Versamark ink and cut out the ears to mount over the base layer. To finish I used a length of Blue Bayou double stitched ribbon and a piece of Styled Silver Hodgepodge . The greeting is stamped from the Nursery Necessities set.
Next up we have my favourite from today's stamping session. It uses Nursery Necessities and stamping in Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery and Barely Banana inks onto Whisper White cardstock.
Technique tip: To get even impressions from these solid stamps, I used a brayer to roll over the stamp surface after inking. This creates a thin even layer of ink on the stamp.
The base layer this time is Certainly Celery stamped with Polka Dot in Certainly Celery. Then I mounted a piece of cuttlebugged Whisper White onto a piece of Barely Banana and arranged cut out shapes on mounting foam. To finish I stamped the welcome little one greeting and punched with the large oval, and tied a length of wide Certainly Celery grosgrain around the centre band.
The next card is for a baby shower I'm attending tomorrow, and uses the Celery base, Polka Dot background, and a band of So Saffron edged with the Scallop Edge punch. Overlaying this is a strip of Designer Prints paper in Certainly Celery and a Pretties Kit flower with a scallop circle and circle punch centre. The welcome baby sentiment is from the Short and Sweet set. Quick and easy!
Finally there is another photo of my newest furbaby Bentley the British Blue! Everyone together, say awwwwwww....... :)

2 comments:

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

The two top cards are just adorable!
I like them all but the top two are my favorite.

Great Job!!!

Cheers From Canada,

Dorothy

Kim Tonnet said...

I like the Nursery Necessities card but my fave pic is of Bentley. But I love all your blogging. Love K