Saturday 6 June 2009

Mini Gift cards and more Live Like you Mean it!

Here is another one of the Make n Takes from the recent Stampin' Up! Convention in Canberra. It is a nifty idea for a gift. It is a little package of mini gift cards, again using one of the convention sets, Trendy Trees. The mini cards each have a different tree stamped on them, but use the same format, so they were super fast to do. To finish, all that was required was a Cello bag, and a piece of Designer Series Paper cut to size for sliding inside. This adds that special touch, I think. The Word Window punch takes on a new skill making a wide slot for some Wide Stitched Chocolate Grosgrain ribbon. The colours on the cards are Baja Breeze, Old Olive and Whisper White. Cute hey! You could adjust this to use lots of sets, with a series of co-ordinating images, think Circle Circus, Pun Fun and lots more.


I really love the sentiment from this set, Live Like you Mean It. It goes quite well with my general philosophy on life. I heard another good quote tonight, from P!NK, wistfully watching the V Music Channel special, wishing I was going to one of the concerts on this weekend in Sydney. (spare ticket? Call me!!) Anyway, she said that one of her important life lessons was "Don't let anyone rob you of your joy" And I LOVE making cards! Each and everyone brings me a little bit of joy, both in the making and the giving.


Onto the card! The base is Barely Banana textured cardstock, which gives a distressed look to stamping, sort of like canvas/linen. It is stamped with Perfect Plum and Pale Plum, and the stems were inked with Certainly Celery marker. This is a 2 step stampin set if you wish to use it like that, and it is quite easy to do freehand, as the set has a casual feel to it. I stamped a row of the stems up the right hand side of the card, and added the sentiments to the left. I added some Crystal Effects dimensional adhesive over the LIFE, to give it some gloss and a raised look, although it doesn't show up all that well in this photo. I was umming and ahhing about a bit of ribbon to finish it off, and had selected some narrow celery grosgrain, but decided on a bit of stray pre-SU ribbon, which serendipitously had all the colours I had used to make the card. I chose the colours with the Colour Coach by the way, I am loving this tool at the moment!

Hope you like these, PLEASE leave a comment to say hi! It is nice to hear from you, whether you stumbled across my blog erroneously, or are a regular visitor. I often get the sense that I am chatting away to myself otherwise!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Hi Michelle! No you are not just talking to yourself- you are on my blogroll and I regularly enjoy catching up with what you have been doing! That's a great idea for the little gift cards-must try that! TFS!

Michelle said...

Thanks Robyn! I check your blog from time to time too, always great for inspiration :) I'll pretend I'm chatting to you as I yap away then LOL!

Lynda said...

Heya Michelle. Pleas do not dispair....you're not alone in Cyberspace!! I lURVE the Life cards. Happy bright and good feeling generators...which is what life is meant to be. Awesome effort. I will try and not be so much of a stranger in the future.

Kim Tonnet said...

I'm here reading you regularly, your devoted follower. Love KimT