Sunday 7 June 2009

Fifth Avenue Floral - and more philosophy!


Here's another card I have made recently, and it was used for a couple of workshop Make n takes in May also, so quite a few people might think it looks familiar!! It uses the set "Fifth Avenue Floral", which didn't appeal to me instantly, until I saw what a few people were doing with it. It is very versatile, always a good thing with a stamp set, and is easy to work with because there is also matching Designer Series Paper to go with it - Urban Oasis. In fact, one of the designs in this pack was the inspiration for the colour scheme and design of this card. It is the large multi floral design on a white background, and I have used the same colours and the floral stamps to recreate the paper pattern on a smaller scale for the card panel. Colours used are: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Grey, Sahara Sand and Kraft. I have also used the "Sanded" background to add some depth to the card base. The scallop edge punch has been used for the Basic Gray panel edge. The sentiment is another valuable piece of philosophy that is appealing to me - "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough" - apparently by Mae West. I had one group say that the card would need to be "for an old person" - but I don't think so!! Live your Sunday and Holiday Monday to the fullest peeps!

No comments: