Saturday 20 September 2008

I told you September was busy round here!






Put together all those Christmas and New Year babies, and a dash of Father's day for good measure, and we have card central around here in September! First off the block is Father's day - 3 cards there, those are already posted for you to see below :)

Next up we have my son's birthday, his fave colour is orange, and I made my first ever Spinner card using the star from the Nursery Necessities set. I put Crystal Effects dimensional adhesive over the blue stamped star, and it made the colour run a little - note to self, be patient and wait till ink DRIES before you do this!! He didn't mind, and wanted to take it for News that week. The greeting on the card is from the Family Phrases set, and the patterned paper is Jersey Shore.



Next we have a one-off ring-in occasion to add to my creative to-do list this year, my cousin Carol from Ireland is marrying her sweetheart Fergal on 26th September, so I made this card to send them our best wishes for a happy future. It uses Whisper White cardstock embossed with textile and swiss dots folders, on a Blush Blossom card base with edges sponged in Groovy Guava ink. Notice how sharp the embossing turns out??!! That's because of the really densely packed paper fibres in the Whisper White (and Very Vanilla) Stampin' Up! cardstocks - it's also what gives such crisp stamped images on these colours. Before embossing I stamped the large flourish from Baroque Motifs in Groovy Guava onto the white piece. I made a scalloped edge with the corner rounder punch and added holes with the 1/8" circle punch, and backed the piece with a strip of Whisper White for neatness. A Blush Blossom band was stamped with the Cherish sentiment from Baroque Motifs in Groovy Guava, and the circle flower motif was stamped in Groovy Guava on Whisper White and punched with the circle scallop punch. The small star flower from the same set was stamped on Blush Blossom and punched using the Boho Blossoms punch. I layered this with Stampin' Dimensionals, and topped it with an adhesive half pearl from the Pretties Kit. I hope they like it!



Today is my FIL's birthday, and next in the list is the card I made for him. It uses Creamy Caramel rolled in Versamark with the Speckled Wheel as the base. Next there is a layer of Outlaw DSP, and then a torn piece of Naturals Ivory. This is wrapped in a band of wide chocolate grosgrain ribbon. I cut a circle out of Close to Cocoa and layered a scallop on top. The scallop was stamped with the circle motif from Boho Backgrounds using my Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip and Close to Cocoa markers to give a multicoloured effect. To finish I added a greeting from It's your Birthday. I love the masculine colours and patterns in the Boho themed items!



Then we have a card for MY dad's birthday, which is next weekend (I was on a roll, what can I say!) No prizes for guessing where my dad's cultural origins lie! I chose his fave green, Garden Green and Wild Wasabi in this case, and threw in some white and orange for completeness (Groovy Guava again - do you think I can get away with writing GG now??) The card uses several of the small stamps from the Occasionally set, with a stray from the It's Your Birthday set, and these were punched using the 3/4" circle punch and mounted along with some solid coloured circles on Stampin' Dimensionals on a Whisper White background sponged with GG. A greeting from It's Your Birthday was stamped in Garden Green on a white panel, mounted on a Wild Wasabi piece, and layered over some Wild Wasabi striped grosgrain ribbon.



Finally in this batch (phew I can hear you sigh - Blogger wouldn't let me load the last one I made along with these) is a card for my SIL - next week again. This is a dramatic version of a catalogue sample using the hostess set "From the Garden", stamped in Purely Pomegranate rather than GG as in the catalogue. This stamp didn't really appeal to me on first sight, but when I saw a couple of cards made by Teneale Williams, I thought I should add it to my collection. I'm glad I did, because it makes for a super fast card, with just one impression you're good to go! There is a thin band of River Rock sandwiched between some textured Purely Pomegranate cardstock and some stitched grosgrain in Purely Pomegranate. The greeting is from It's Your Birthday and is stamped in Basic Black.



Back tomorrow maybe with the lucky last from this batch!! Hope you like them, I'd love to read your comments and constructive advice!

No comments: