Monday 22 September 2008

Another one!


This is a picture of the last of my big batch, posted below... Blogger wasn't letting me upload it the other night along with the others (and looking at the length of that post (sorry!), I think that's probably a very good thing!!

My son went to a classmate's 7th birthday party on Saturday, and when asked what Melissa's favourite colour was, it was an emphatic "PINK!" Easy peasy! I used my new "In the Spotlight" Level 2 Hostess set (thanks Kim!!) and several shades of pink cardstock and ink. The patterned polka dot paper is "Loves Me" retired from Summer Mini 2007, and the base is Pretty In Pink. The Whisper White band is stamped with Pink Passion, Pretty in Pink and Pixie Pink, and both these were mounted on a Pink Passion strip. I stamped the Happy Birthday script greeting from It's your Birthday onto Pixie Pink, punched this out with 1 3/8" circle punch, and mounted this onto a Pink Passion scallop punch. Super fast, and it was a big hit! Happy Birthday Melissa!! I then had to make another copy yesterday, for my pink-loving 3.5yo daughter!



This was a super fast card to make, about 5 minutes - much faster than going to the newsagents, thats for sure! It would also lend itself to mass production - simply cover an A4 sheet of Whisper White with the "In the Spotlight" stamps, and then cut the sheet into strips for mounting. This set is quite unisex, so it could be made in modified colours for lots of different occasions :)



Happy Monday everyone!

No comments: