Monday 18 January 2010

We're BAAAACCCKK!


Kim and I are back from a week in Bawley Point, and after a jam packed weekend are ready to go with bloggings again. Thanks very much to everyone who was able to come to our Summer Mini Catalogue Launch yesterday, we hope you enjoyed seeing many of the products in use! I'll be posting pictures of the Make and Take projects we offered soon .


For now, here's a project I made for a Secret Santa. Underneath is a tin that I saved from a china mug I bought, and was nice and easy to decorate with flat smooth sides. The papers are the delectable Bella Rose Designer Series. I used the wonderful Circle Scissor to cut the layers for the top of the tin (after demo'ing a number of times yesterday I can confidently say I am now a Circle Scissor expert!!!) using Riding Hood Red and Pink Pirouette cardstock to match the paper. It's so easy to pull a project together like this when everything matches so nicely - it's a simple matter of choosing a paper design you like, a couple of the matching cardstocks, some matching ribbon and stamp using matching ink colours! And with things like the Pretties Kit flowers, used here in the hat pin, which can be coloured with reinkers to match any colour you like, you have an ideal finishing touch to match. I have also used the Eyelet Border punch to decorate the strips on the tin base. The stamps are from the "Dreams du Jour" set, and I watercoloured them using a blender pen and inkpad puddle. I added some layered flowers to the central motif, and glazed them with Crystal Effects. It did blur the ink a little, but I decided I liked the soft effect and left it that way. I hope my recipient Angie finds it useful as a keeping tin for bits and bobs.


No comments: