Wednesday 6 May 2009


One of the things I love about being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is that I get to attend 'training days' with my local upp-est upline, Jayne Mercer as the co-ordinator. We make stuff and share ideas. All day. And we can call it work!! Sooooo cool!
We also have awards nights where we recognise the achievements of members of the team,congratulations to members of the INKLings who took out the prizes for this year!


Here is a technique we played with at the most recent awards event, shown to us by Margaret Crawford. She had been experimenting with the "Inspired by Nature" set, and some watercolouring techniques, and brought along a sample and materials for us to try it for ourselves. It uses a diluted reinker solution, lightly misted onto Confetti cream cardstock. Then, the grass and flower images are stamped onto the moistened and lightly coloured background, using markers and inkpads. It creates a very authentic watercolour painting technique, and I can't wait to give it a try again! I took home my proudly-created panel, and turned it into a card by matting on Kiwi Kiss and Lovely Lilac, and mounting on an Elegant Eggplant base. Gorgeous!! Thanks Margaret! Does this sound like a fun way to pass an evening? If so, look below at the latest promotion for joining Stampin' Up! and give me a call for a casual chat on (02)9484 9447

No comments: