Saturday 1 October 2011

Perfectly Penned, Perfectly Pink

One of my favourite DSPs in the new catalogue is "Beau Chateau" - and it is another design that has a co-ordinating fabric collection.  The colours are shabby-vintage old pinks and browns, Pink Pirouette and Soft Suede, with soft Vanilla and Marina Mist.  The card base here is Soft Suede, then a layer of distressed Pink Pirouette.  Over this, I have placed a panel of Beau Chateau DSP with a stitched border, with linen thread for a rustic look.  The rosette in the centre is made from a simple strip of fabric, stitched into a circle and gathered on stitching thread.  Although retired, the felt Flower Fusion and large flat back pearl from the Pretties Kit called out to be added.  The sentiment is from another new set, Perfectly Penned, which is in a lovely script style, and has a great selection of oft-needed sentiments.  I've punched this out with the Designer Label punch, and used a layering trick with a second punch for a border. The plain reverse of Soft Suede polka dot grosgrain with a tie of Vanilla taffeta finishes it off.  I also made a set of other greetings from the set, so I can always switch out the sentiment as the occasion arises, for an instantly suitable card!

2 comments:

KayJ said...

I love this card it is so ME I am going to make one right now.

Ellen Woodbridge said...

Love this card Michelle