Thursday 29 September 2011

September = busy!

September in our family is a little busier than the average month, with birthdays for our son, both father and father-in-law, sister in-law, + some friends as well, not to mention father's day.  I've not had much time to post on this here blog, but I have got quite a backlog of pics to show you.  I'm now supposed to be working on some uni assignments due after mid semester break, so we'll see just how many posts I can make over the next few days in the name of procrastination!  There's even quite a bit left over from August, when I attended the 4th Annual Inklings Team Weekend at Vision Valley.

What's up first..... it's almost like a lucky dip as I go a-browsin for images!

OK - here is one I made for a colour challenge at the Team Weekend, using the Timeless Portrait paper colours of Cherry Cobbler, Island Indigo (yummy new In Color!), River Rock, Basic Black and Very Vanilla.  And, what's that!! - ooooooh FABRIC!!  Yes!!  One of my most favourite new products in the new Idea Book and Catalogue are the fabulously fancy fat quarter fabrics!  They come as a pack of three extra wide fat quarters, in several designs to match some of the DSPs for this year,  for a very reasonable $18.95.  I've used a narrow 1" strip here to gather onto a thread, ruffling and pleating before sticking down.  The co-ordinating stamp set is "Forever Young", and features the gorgeous tree silhouette and the frame.  I've embossed the tree in black, and double stamped the frame and mounted a greeting over the top, from Teeny Tiny sentiments.  A bit of narrow black taffeta to finish, and my *17th* wedding anniversary card was done!    It's just as well this was the first card I made at the retreat, because our anniversary actually fell over that particular weekend.... (I have a very understanding and accommodating hubby!)   From this same fabric, I also started making a little purse, maybe I'll get to finish it soon to show you!

No comments: