Wednesday 19 October 2011

French Foliage and some Rock n Roll

Well, not exactly rock n roll for the recipient, he's just turned 80, but I did use the technique on the card here to achieve a multicoloured autumnal effect on the leaves.  I started by pulling out the Cajun Craze, More Mustard, and every shade of brown in the caddy from Sahara Sand to Early Espresso.  Starting with the palest colours of each, I then daubered or rolled the stamps onto the other colours to add highlights.  The base is Crumb Cake with the fantastically useful water splodge stamp, followed by a Confetti Cream layer stamped with the script background.  This is shredded a bit with the Cutter Kit distressing tool.  Next after that there is a scrunched up and shimmer-misted piece of Early Espresso and then a layer of Very Vanilla for the stamped panel.  A bit of hemp twine and Early Espresso grosgrain finish it off, along with a sentiment from Teeny Tiny Sentiments on a Modern Label punchie.  Some layers of the stamped panel have been popped up as a second layer with Stampin' Dimensionals and I have also added some drips of Crystal Effects on the leaves to give the effect of water droplets but these are a bit hard to see!

Off to find the other SD card with more pics on it - why do they have to make those things so gosh-darn small !  It's on my desk, somewhere!  I do need to declutter away the research papers on dyslexia and metamemory, having submitted the last of my assignments for the year (woohoo!) - just 2 exams to go and then from the beginning of next year I'll be on prac placement (watch out kids!) so maybe I'll uncover it shortly...

As I have a little time a little free-er than usual, I am hosting a "Get Ready for Christmas" Stamp-a-Stack event at my house on Saturday 22nd October.

10:00 AM - 5:00 PM  (AET)

 Mega Christmas Preparation Event!
A great opportunity to get started on your stash of Christmas cards for the year with much of the hard work done for you. You'll make 12 cards, 6 each in two different designs, and a set of 12 gift tags.
Everything is provided for you - pre-cut cardstock, all materials and embellishments, adhesive and envelopes for the cards.
The class will be set up so you can construct the cards in an assembly-line format, with full instructions to create more later if you wish.
The class runs for the whole day, so you can choose to come in the morning or the afternoon, or stay all day and make more Christmas projects of your choice.
The cost of the class is $25 and places are limited to ensure individual attention. Please give me a call if you'd like to book a seat, on 9484 9447 or 0403 175 790, or email me.

There are one or two spots free, please  ASAP call if you'd like to nab one!

No comments: