Wednesday 29 September 2010

Launch Party Winner and a Make and Take with "Friends Never Fade"

Congratulations to Vanessa J of Castle Hill for being the winner of the Lucky Door Prize at my New Catalogue Launch party a week or so back.  Vanessa has won a new stamp set, "Perfect Punches", a sampler pack of new colour cardstock, and some ribbon lengths.  The draw was based on attendance, but with a bonus ticket for each $50 in orders placed at the Launch Event.  Well done Vanessa, I hope you enjoy your new goodies and your prize!

Above is the card I designed for my Make and Take at the launch.  You can see the one designed by Carolyn Gibbs HERE, using "Morning Cup".  Carolyn Campbell-McLean had designed a cute 3D bauble using the "Delightful Decorations" set, I must ask her to post all the info!

My card uses the "Friends Never Fade" stamp set, one that jumped out at me from when I first laid eyes on it in the new US catalogue when it came out over there in July.  Thankfully, because of the catalogue realignnment, us downunder folks don't have to wait long at all!!  My review - it's a versatile set, with both bold and more delicate images.  The style is reminiscent of Art Nouveau, particularly the abstract flower. You can find it on page 71, and it's just $31.95 in wood mount!  It's shown in the catalogue in Peach Parfait orange, because it's one of the sets co-ordinating with the themed suite, "Graphic Botanical"  That means there is co-ordinating goodies and Designer Series Papers available, and it's a great way to theme an album or event.

I've based my card around the colours in one of the other Designer Series Papers, Elegant Soiree -  Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla and Basic Gray.  This sample card uses the standard scallop edge punch, as I was waiting for my Scallop Trim punch to arrive - taking this photo I realised that I didn't take a photo of the real deal!!   Then there is a strip of Elegant Soiree paper, that has all the colours in a fine stripe pattern.  The card base is Basic Gray, and I have stamped around the edges with the abstract flower in Basic Gray ink.  The panel is Crumb Cake, stamped with matching Crumb Cake ink  (Yay!!  No more 'making do' with Sahara Sand ink as a Kraft substitute!) with the flower branch design.  I think it might be a Honeysuckle, at least that's what it reminds me of!  The motif is stamped in Baja Breeze, with touches of Early Espresso ink added with the matching marker, then mounted onto a Scallop Circle of Early Espresso.  I then layered it onto a Fancy Flower punchout in Baja Breeze, and there is a Stampin' Dimensional or two in there for some lift.  The sentiment is from my favourite Level 1 Hostess set, "Afterthoughts", stamped in Early Espresso.  To finish there is a simple knot of Early Espresso narrow grosgrain ribbon, attached with a mini glue dot.  Tell me what you think!

No comments: