Monday 4 October 2010

New In Colors and Printed Petals for Charlotte


Here is a card I made a week or two back, for a special 5 year old, Charlotte!  I've used several of this year's In Colors, Blushing Bride, Concord Crush and Pear Pizzazz, combined with crisp Whisper White.  I stamped the base card with Blushing Bride (I can see that I will be abbreviating that to BB before too much further into the year!!)  Then I edged a panel of luscious Concord Crush with the Scallop Trim border punch.  I then played around with some strips of Pear Pizzazz, and gave them the Scallop Trim treatment too.  I was comparing length so I'd know where to chop, when it occured to me that it looked pretty good if I offset the Pear just behind the Concord, to create a double layer. 

The Whisper White panel I stamped with all of the Printed Petals smaller stamps, in the three colours.  Then I whipped out my favourite new tool of the catalogue, the Versamarker Pen!!  This magic pen allows you to create embossed accents wherever you'd like, create embossed handwriting, and lots more.  I sprinkled clear embossing powder over, and heated with the heat tool, leaving the shiny areas to highlight the flowers.

The large flower I created using the Emboss Resist technique, by stamping onto Whisper White using Versamark ink, which I clear embossed.  I then used sponges and daubers to add areas of colour to the open areas of the flower.  To finish, I used some of the beautiful stitched poly ribbon in Pear Pizzazz, and added a Modern Label punched sentiment from the "Party this Way" stamp set.

In other news, I got a lovely surprise yesterday when I was given a blog award! Thanks Angie!
I'm to share three things about myself, and pass on the award to 5 more bloggers who's work I admire for offering that little bit extra!.

1. I'm left handed
2. I have three cats, two Burmese girls and a big boofa British Blue boy
3. I have a PhD in molecular biology, although that seems like a lifetime ago!

The five lovely ladies I'm bestowing this award upon are...
1. Amanda
2. Clare
3. Lisa
4. Beth
5. Vanessa

Off to bed with me, daylight savings has begun and I always make the mistake of staying up too late, luckily there is no-one else here to wake me up in the morning!!

No comments: