Wednesday 22 September 2010

Friends Never Fade - Team Weekend Swap

This card is the one that I designed for the Card in A Box swap for the "INKlings" team retreat in August.  It uses a few of the new goodies in the new 2010-11 Idea Book and Catalogue.
I chose the colours from my favourite Designer Series Paper, Elegant Soiree, although it wasn't available to purchase at the time.  The card base is Baja Breeze, back with us for good now that it is a Core Colour!
I ran the card front through the "Vintage Wallpaper" embossing folder in my Big Shot machine, isn't it pretty!!  The next layer is Basic Gray, and I tore the lower half and rolled and distressed the lower edge, and did a bit of sponging also.
The greeting is stamped in Basic Gray ink, using the "Thank you Kindly" stamp set.  The stamped panel is Very Vanilla, and I stamped the gorgeous stylised flower in Soft Suede, Baja Breeze and Sahara Sand.  To add some dimension, I used the lovely new "Beautiful Wings" Embosslit die to make some pretty little butterflies from various colours, this card has a Vanilla and a Basic Gray creature fluttering above the flowers.  I attached them with mini glue dots, and bent the wings up a little.
To finish, I made some paper ribbon.  I cut some 1cm strips of Soft Suede cardstock, and ran them through my crimping tool to soften the paper fibres.  A few goes passing the strips in and out, and the cardstock ends up being soft and flexible, just like real ribbon.  I used Sticky Strip to pleat the paper ribbon across the join, being deliberately messy about it, to echo the torn bottom edge.  All done!  I might try something similar now that we have the Elegant Soiree paper to match the colour

No comments: