Friday 7 May 2010

Kards by Karen - Embrace Life, Sanded and En Francais


This is my 300th post apparently!! A milestone of sorts I guess :) So I though I'd show something a little different, a card made by one of my lovely customers.


Karen is a regular attendee at my monthly Stampin' Crop days, and she's one organised crafter! She arrives with the designs she wants to recreate printed out, with instructions and colours written down, ready to get productive. I have no idea who made the original inspiring card (although I'm sure it would be recorded with Karen's notes) but it is a beauty! It uses a colour you'll fall in love with all over again when it returns with the new catalogue, River Rock, and Soft Sky, and touches of Basic Black and Whisper White. The background is "Sanded" and "En Francais" and the image stamps are from "Embrace Life" I love the layering, and the beautiful feature flower stamped in black Stazon onto Vellum cardstock, and coloured from the back with inkpad and blender pen. There's two flowers layered on each other, and gently shaped to give dimension. Large oval punches are wrapped around the sides for a finishing touch. Thanks for letting me photograph your card Karen, and thanks to the original creator for being so, um, creative! If you are the originator, and happen to see this, we'd be delighted to see a comment from you :)

No comments: