Wednesday 21 October 2009

And a great day was had by all - part II











I'm back with some more photos and tales from the Christmas Craft Day. My bestie and co-organiser (or is that co-conspirator??) Kim Tonnet has posted a lovely wrap up on her blog too. THANKS Kim! Certainly couldn't have done it without you either! The entire day was most definitely a team effort, with my husband Andrew, Kim's mum Robyne and our downlines Ryn and Clare all pitching in with abundant help.
From the top is a photo of one of the Make and Take projects, silly me forgot to photograph the fully assembled item, but you may be able to tell it is a calendar. The sample is still firmly buried in the piles of boxes in my studio, one day I may be able to find it again to give you ap proper look! I made it with some retired designer series papers, Afternoon Tea, and the matching (also retired) stamp set "live your dream" Sigh, I miss this set, especially the quote, very inspiring. At least I'll be looking at it all year stuck to the fridge!!



Next up we have the Wall of Inspiration. I am quite proud of my wall hanging displays. I was lucky to find some of the special "wall runner" fabric that velcro sticks to at a nearby Spotlight, and at a clearance price no less! My much under-utilised sewing machine roared into action. And the best thing is that I can roll them up and use them over and over again! We were lent a large selection of samples by Ryn, Clare and also Jayne Mercer, thanks to you all. There was also a large selection of cardmaking books and magazines to stir the creative juices of our guests.

Next we have the talented Ryn, who demonstrated some fab acetate cards using the new Stazon white ink in the Spring Mini catalogue. I will have to ask her to post some pics and instructions for it, it was very clever!


Lastly, we have our youngest guest, the adorably dribbly Miss Katie, with her mum Clare. Clare demonstrated a couple of cool embossing techniques, on ribbon and on Sticky Strip adhesive tape. Again, need to give her a gentle prod to post a step-by step on her blog with some piccies :)

That's it for now, Kim's turn again!

1 comment:

Carolyn Gibbs said...

Argh! Another photo showing me how "jolly" I'm getting.