Saturday 7 March 2009

A birthday card for another special friend


Here's a card I made for a very special person. She's my birthday twin as well as my talented team member, Ryn. Happy birthday to you!


I've used the Together Forever set, which has a gorgeous flower sprig stamp. I stamped this in Stazon ink, onto glossy white cardstock. Then I simply coloured in the image with my Stampin' Write marker pens. The nature of the smooth absorbent surface of the glossy white is an ideal surface for markers, and you can add layers of colour easily. It's also a very quick and foolproof method of colouring, so why not give it a try?


Then I cut out the coloured image with my fabulous paper snips, and mounted it with Stampin Dimensional foam dots onto some scallop and plain circle punches. The colours are Barely Banana, Certainly Celery and Not Quite Navy, and the background stamp is Polka Dot. I have also used a piece of Certainly Celery Designer Series paper, and my distressing tool from the cutter kit. The Happy Birthday greeting stamp is from It's Your Birthday (on the retiring list and now low in quantity!)


We'll see if she spots it on my blog before she receives it in person!!??

2 comments:

Carolyn Gibbs said...

Awwwwwwwwww :blush:
thanks so much!
and so do I get a prize for spotting it??? LOL

Lin Mei said...

Happy birthday, Michelle! Have a great day and a lovely year ahead.