Wednesday 8 October 2008

A spot of tweaking! And a card...


I spent a while early this morning having a bit of a play with the scarier part of blogging.... tweaking the actual code to see if I could make more room for my layout. So, with the old template firmly saved in case I stuffed it up, I jumped in to the depths of HTML gibberish. I'm so proud I managed to tick the right box to show every smidge of code so I could locate the pixel widths I wanted to play with in the sidebar. VOILA! It worked!! What a sense of accomplishment! I also added a calendar of events, where you will be able to see at a glance what is coming up, thanks to Lin Mei Yap for giving me the idea! It did take me till just now to realise that there was another option to select so that blog visitors could actually VIEW the calendar events, DOH! so if you visited earlier and were puzzled by the blank box, that's why! There is also more widthways room for my posts, so you won't have to scroll down quite so far when I get a bit carried away LOL!

Now, onto the card I made the other day, my first with the "Wild About You" set. I don't really know why it took me so long to get this set, it makes great fun cards and is a must for making kids cards. The little elephant has such a cheeky sideways grin on him, he never fails to make me smile. Along with the elephant and flower, the set also has a giraffe, crocodile, birdie, lion and penguin, and can be found on page 66 of the IBC I stamped the elephant twice, once 'normal' and again after "Kissing Off" some of the ink with the clean Paisley background stamp. I then cut out the ear from the 'paisley elephant' and mounted it as a second layer with Stampin' Dimensionals foam dots.
*Stamps: Wild About You (108958), Paisley Background (108887)
*Cardstock: Bordering Blue, Real Red, Whisper White
*Inks and Markers: Bordering Blue, Real Red, Green Galore
*Accessories: Real Red wide grosgrain ribbon
*Techniques: 'Kissing'

Cute isn't he! I hope you get a smile from him too :)

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Hi Michelle! Thanks for visiting my blog too! Really like your September cards- especially the star spinner card! My sister lives out your way- at Glenhaven- so I visit out there sometimes. Cheers!