Sunday 7 February 2010

Natures Nest - great fun with watercolouring!

The card above is one that I made on my recent beach holiday, using Summer Mini stamp sets. "Natures Nest" is a set of 5 stamps with beatifully detailed lines, which makes them a wonderful choice for quick and easy watercolouring. For the Shell card, I scribbled patches of multiple marker colours, mostly from the Earth Elements colour family, onto a plastic plate. I used my blender pen to pick up dots of colour, and applied them to the image. I stamped the shell in Jet Black Stazon ink, onto our lovely SU Watercolor paper. I was trying to achieve the look of the real scallop shells we'd been finding on our beach walks, and I think it turned out quite nicely! The base card is Chocolate Chip, stamped in Chocolate Chip ink using the "Sanded" background. Then we have some more layers of Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red, Cameo Coral and Chocolate Chip, sponged, stamped or distressed. To finish I added a tie of wide double stitched Chocolate Chip Grosgrain.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Hi Shell
Love your "Shell" card I must do some watercolouring... And love the blog world thank you so much for showing me how to get started.
See you soon
Love Caz