Monday 1 December 2008

Woooo HOOO! It's SUMMER!


And it was a lovely day here in Sydney! A brief shower (just enough to have me dash out to get the washing off before it stopped of course!) amongst plenty of sunshine and warmth, with that touch of steamy coastal humidity that I still struggle with, being a country girl!


But, much more exciting than the official beginning of the Summer Season is the official beginning of the Summer Mini catalogue! It runs from today until 31st March, 2009 and is crammed with delicious goodies that are sure to tempt you! There are some long anticipated accessories including a SQUARE scallop punch and a fabulous Border Scallop punch! To make these even more must-have, there are stamp sets to match! Other highlights include chunky glitter, just the thing for adding a more dramatic touch of bling to your Christmas projects and more. Stay tuned for more images and projects created with these sets and accessories, and do give me a call on 02 9484 9447 or email if you would like a complimentary copy of the Summer Mini posted to you. For now, here's a card I designed using the delightful Eastern Blooms set, the Scallop Border punch and Ginger Blossom Designer Series papers.
I began with a card base of Groovy Guava, and chopped off the bottom edge with the Scallop edge punch. I used Sponge Daubers along the edge to highlight, and laid a strip of Ruby Red behind the scallops, returning the card base to level-headedness! Next I stamped the blossom branch image in colours co-ordinating with the Ginger Blossom DSP - Cameo Coral, River Rock, Groovy Guava and Ruby Red across the top of the card. I filled in the space below the stems with the small flower stamped in Versamark. I sponged the edges of a strip of Ginger Blossom paper with Ruby Red, and layered this on a piece of River Rock, again with it's edges sponged. I stamped off the triple flower image in River Rock on a scrap of vanilla, overstamed a greeting from Simple Delights, and mounted this on a River Rock Scallop. I used wide Vanilla Grosgrain across the patterned paper and it was all done! Now, I have to say, this was the most strikingly bold sheet of paper in this pack, and I hope I have shown you a way to tame it!

No comments: