Thursday 27 November 2008

Something a little bit different...


This is the first card I have made using the Petal Prints set. I have always admired it, but don't have it in my collection (yet!) Thanks to Kim Tonnet I was able to borrow it and have a play. I don't know why this is the first idea I had to do with it, but I like it! I also had a bit of a dig through my hoard to find some neglected mulberry papers and a Hero Arts background stamp.

The base card is Whisper White, stamped in Ruby Red using the Hero Arts background stamp both front and back.
I then used some Vellum tape to overlay the base with the flecked mulberry paper. Because this resulted in a 'vanilla' colour, I chose Very vanilla cardstock to stamp my image and greeting with, in Ruby Red.
I stamped all over the cardstock sheet, using the 'stamping off' technique to vary the intensity of the red, and using the 2 step stamps to overlay. It's sort of a different take on the 'one sheet wonder' style cards I guess.
I used a ticket corner punch to nip out the corners and mounted it on Ruby Red cardstock, with cream brads in the corners. The sentiment is from "Occasional Greetings" and has a Petal Prints flower stamped off 3 times behind it. Possibly should have been 4 x - maybe next time!! This panel is also mounted onto Ruby Red card and popped up from the base with Stampin Dimensionals foam dots. What do you think??

oops! forgot about the flowers!! I had some Prima flowers that matched Ruby Red and Very Vanilla SO well, I just had to add those as well, with a red brad in the middle. Ta da!

3 comments:

Dani Fender said...

LOVE IT! Colours are so striking! That set is so elegant but such fun!

Carolyn Gibbs said...

Just gorgeous Michelle! The flower behind the phrase is so effective! Might have to 'borrow' that idea sometime!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love this one too Michelle! Beautiful card.