Monday 9 June 2014

My first attempt at the Blendabilities - a new product line coming in the 2014-15 catalogue.  I've dabbled very briefly with alcohol markers before, and have a few copics and kuretake markers, but because I didn't have 'enough' colours to blend with, it seemed more like standard colouring in!  And the colours didn't match the patterned papers, cardstock and embellishments I wanted to use them with.  So, like the forgotten scrapping photos, they have languished...
At the recent Inspire Create Share Convention in Melbourne,  a set of three Blendabilities markers and the Blended Bloom stamp were given away to every attendee.  I added Old Olive and Daffodil Delight marker trios to my Demonstrator Pre-order, and had a play.  I forgot to get the magical 'Color Lifter' though, so made do with another brand.  It gave a more 'rustic' look to the flower than I intended, or maybe it was the rusty applicator??  In any case, I simply built a rustic style card around it.  .  The colours are the new Mossy Meadow and Hello Honey, on a base of Naturals White.  The leaves and butterflies are from a new set called "Kinda Eclectic", which I think will be a new favourite.  As a finishing touch, I highlighted some leaves and stamens with Crystal Effects.


The greeting is from a set called "Gifts of Kindness"  Sorry about the tilta head requirement, I forgot to rotate the pic before uploading.

No comments: