Saturday 30 June 2012

Owl punch, Pennants and Calypso Coral


This was a bit of fun, I hadn't played with the Owl Builder punch since late last year (maybe the 60 Santa Owls I did for the kid's classmates turned me away for a while??).  I also wanted to use "Calypso Coral", an In Color for 2012-13.  I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it for the first time, as I was not a fan of "Cameo Coral" that retired with the Colour Renovation project.  Combined with "Pool Party" and "Daffodil Delight" it makes a bright yet sophisticated combination that is very on-trend at the moment.  This colour combination was inspired by the "Attic Boutique" Designer Series Paper in the Autumn/Winter Mini.  At first glance you'd never think this paper would work for a fun card, but the patterns are remarkably versatile. Here I have simply hand-cut small triangles and strung them along a piece of "Calypso Coral" bakers twine with Stampin' Dimensionals to make them appear to float in front of the card.
Mr Owl is punched from scraps of Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Baja Breeze and Soft Suede and glued together with 2-way glue pen (ideal for fiddly little bits like eyeballs!)
The top layer is Whisper White, and the backing layers are a piece of retired specialty cardstock "Parisian Breeze" and a scrap of fabric that was a good match for Daffodil Delight. The sentiment is from "Curly Cute", a versatile font that fills a card nicely, stamped in Soft Suede.   So quick, so easy, I went on to make a few more. (But not 60!)

Here's a list of some of the items I used here:
118074 Owl Builder Punch - $33.95
100425 2-Way glue pen - $6.50
125573 Calypso Coral bakers twine  - $4.95  (Autumn Winter Mini - one month to go!)
121500 Curly Cute (wood) - $34.95
125407 Attic Boutique Designer Series paper pack (12 sheets 12x12, double sided) - $18.95 (A/W Mini!)

Off to finish prepping for a workshop PARTY! tomorrow, looking forward to it!






No comments: