Tuesday 8 June 2010

Vintage Razzleberry


Sounds delicious, doesn't it?  I am in love with this combination of Rich Razzleberry and Soft Suede, and can hardly wait to combine them with Crumb Cake and Early Espresso come September!  LOL, it's not hard to tell I am a coffee and cake girl, is it?

This is the companion card I made for a Workshop Make and Take recently, modelled on the card just a couple of posts down here.

I had aimed to simplify it, and it was much faster and easier, although it still looks like it is an involved creation.  The card base is Soft Suede, simply sponged around the edges. Next we have a layer of Confetti Cream, stamped with the Very Vintage wheel in Sahara Sand, spritzed with water, scrunched and scrunched, and dabbed with a sponge wedge with some Creamy Caramel ink to highlight some of the creases.  I smoothed it out, and tore away one side, rolling the torn edge.  Behind this panel I mounted a piece of Kraft cardstock, which was run through the BigShot machine with the Polka Dot textured impressions folder.  I dabbed Soft Suede ink over the top to highlight the bumps and give it a slightly distressed look.

The flowers were stamped in Rich Razzleberry ink onto Confetti Cream and Rich Razzleberry cardstock, and trimmed out before mounting.  An Antique Brass Build a Brad was used for the centre, and a strip of Razzleberry ribbon placed at the bottom. The sentiment is probably the most different thing about this card compared with the other one, and I can see myself using this 'banner' style again - very easy and effective I think!  The sentiment was stamped in Soft Suede ink onto a strip of Confetti Cream, and a point cut into one end, before mounting on Stampin Dimensionals. Done!  (except for a bit of linen thread to finish)  Good enough to eat almost?

No comments: