Wednesday 6 August 2008

What a wonderful weekend!



Ahhhh..... What peace and relaxation! The only way it could have been improved was if it lasted a whole week!

I spent last weekend at a gorgeous bushland retreat, indulging in endless hours of stamping, a touch of scrapping, a few activities thrown in for good measure, all wrapped up with great company and lots of laughs! The retreat was organised by one of my uplines, Jayne Mercer, for her "Inklings" Team, and I can hardly wait for the next one! It was my first totally child-free, uninterrupted crafting weekend in longer than I can remember, if ever!! And it was utter bliss!


Many of us participated in a giant 'card-in-a-box' scheme, and over the course of the weekend I completed 16 cards, each designed by a different demonstrator. There was a wonderful variety, and I got to play with a few new techniques too! We also had some great sketch and colour challenges, and had a hilarious time attempting to answer obscure quiz questions. It was great getting to know lots of my fellow SU demonstrators better, as the relationships that have developed between us are one of the best things about being with SU!


Here are a couple of pics - sorry about the slighly out of focus one of my lovely downlines Carolyn and Clare - their happy faces say it all regardless though!


The second image is my first attempt at the "Zindorf" brayering technique - lots of fun to do, and I am looking forward to practicing some more!


1 comment:

Dani Fender said...

Hi Michelle,

It was so great meeting you and getting to know you on the weekend. Thanks heaps for the encouragement with my cards. Hopefully our paths with cross again soon

Dani