Thursday 17 July 2008

A CASE Card - Thanks Tracey!


One of the lovely things about the stamping world, and Stampin' Up! Demonstrators as a group in particular, is the "CASE" philosophy. CASE stands for "Copy And Share Everything". There is an incredible pool of talent out there to be inspired by, and endless sources of creative ideas, starting with the Idea Book and Catalogue itself. And usually, if you're like me, the finished card and the initial inspiration often turn out quite differently!


I received a card in one of our Swaps from the lovely and talented Tracey Eaton , which fair LEAPT off my display board and screamed "MAKE ME!!" So I did! Thanks for the inspiration Tracey, I hope I've done your design justice!
Tracey's original card used Whisper white as the band, Summer Sun as the lower section and Bayou Blue as the upper portion, stamped in Bayou Blue and Summer Sun using the Boho Backgrounds set, and is gorgeously finished with a Rhinestone brad in the centre of the large motif and some stitched ribbon in Bayou Blue. My (slightly rusticated) take on this was to use Groovy Guava, Mellow Moss and Naturals Ivory. I could have used some of the Groovy Guava Double stitched ribbon - but I didn't have any! (on the wishlist now, thats for sure!) So, I added a mini sentiment using the Every Day Flexible Phrases set. And... Erm... I had planned on using a piece of the yummo Silver Styled Hodgepodge over the sentiment, but I stamped too close to the card edge for it to fit.... DOH!! But, you'd never guess that it wasn't meant to look just like this would you!!?? One other minor change I made was to use the new Boho Blossoms punch (in your Spring Mini!) to punch out the flower centre of the large motif instead of Tracey's neat handcutting. It matches this set AS WELL as the "One of a Kind" set also in the Spring Mini - multipurpose - gotta love that!

No comments: